New Feature: Waterway Guide
Waterway Guide content is now available as a chart overlay within the SEAiq app. Waterway Guide utilizes their extensive user base, large network of on-the-water editors, and full-time staff to provide up-to-date and accurate content for safe and informed travel along the waterways. Marinas, anchorages, navigation alerts, bridges and locks for the Eastern U.S., Canada, Bahamas, and Cuba are now available for offline access.
We are informed on May 23, 2018 Garmin will make incompatible changes to the ActiveCaptain server. After this date, the current ActiveCaptain data will continue to work in SEAiq. However, no further updates will be available for download. We recommend users sync offline data on their devices before the May 23 cut-off. We are considering updating SEAiq support for ActiveCaptain but do not have definite plans yet.
See Android compatibility notes.
- Because you are installing an app from a location other than the Google Play store, you need to enable Installing apps from unknown sources. See these Instructions.
- Install a file manager such as File Manager ES, if you do not already have one.
Download the current version of SEAiq Pilot for Android.
There are several methods to install the app.
- On some Android devices, you may be able to install SEAiq directly from the Android web browser.
- Visit this location on your device to and tap on SEAiq_XXXX_Android.apk file to start downloading.
- If asked, choose to download using your file manager and wait for the download to complete.
- Using your file manager select the file and choose to install it on your device.
Activate Enterprise Account
Activate your Enterprise account by copying your account activation file into into the Documents/SEAiq folder using your file manager. Then go to the Files tab in SEAiq Pilot and press the Import button next to the file.
If you use charts from NOAA, PRIMAR, or Chartworld, you can use the built-in chart download and update features. You can install new charts in the Documents/SEAiq folder using your file manager app.
There are an enormous variety of Android devices. We have found some devices require special graphics support. If you find the chart display has issues, please try the following settings:
- Settings / Display / Disable Graphics Framebuffer
- Settings / Display / Disable Graphics Anti-Aliasing
- Settings / Display / Disable Graphics Point Sprites