Android Device Compatibility
SEAiq is supported on ARM-based Android devices running 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later. It has been tested with Android 6 (Marshmallow).
We are only aware of one device for which SEAiq does not function. However, newer and higher-end Android devices provide better graphics and responsiveness, as one would expect. Below is a summary of our experience and those reported by SEAiq users.
IMPORTANT: Android devices are not compatible with Trelleborg v2 CAT ROT and CAT I devices. Some firmware versions for Trelleborg (formerly Marimatech) devices use Ad Hoc networks, which Android does not support. The Trelleborg v4 devices do not use Ad Hoc networks and are compatible with Android.
We recommend the following devices:
- Nexus 9 (2015): Sharp graphics; very responsive. Overall, this is the best of the Android tablets we have tested.
- Sony Z2 (2014): These are water resistant.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 phone (2015): Very responsive. Screen is of course somewhat small.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2: Large screen is great. Responsiveness is only moderate.
SEAiq functions correctly on these devices but we do not recommend them, primarily because they are not responsive:
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 (2014)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8in
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Nexus 7 (2013)
- Asus phone pad
SEAiq does not run on these devices:
- ASUS MeMOPad HD 7-Inch 16 GB Tablet, Blue (ME173X-A1-BL) 2013 Model: Incompatibilities in the graphics drivers.
- Some models of Samsung Galaxy S57 Smart Phones. Some Samsung Galaxy S7 smart phones using the "Mali" graphics chipset are incompatible with SEAiq. This appears to be a defect in the graphics driver software that Samsung provides. We have alerted Samsung and they are working on a resolution. Please check back here for updates on the status.
These models are OK:
- S6, SM-G920V.07, Android 6.01
- S7 Edge, SM-G935P, Android 7.0
- S7, SM-G930FD, Android 7.0
- S7, SM-G935F, Android 6.0.1