New Feature: Waterway Guide
Waterway Guide content is now available as a chart overlay within the SEAiq app. Waterway Guide utilizes their extensive user base, large network of on-the-water editors, and full-time staff to provide up-to-date and accurate content for safe and informed travel along the waterways. Marinas, anchorages, navigation alerts, bridges and locks for the Eastern U.S., Canada, Bahamas, and Cuba are now available for offline access.
We are informed on May 23, 2018 Garmin will make incompatible changes to the ActiveCaptain server. After this date, the current ActiveCaptain data will continue to work in SEAiq. However, no further updates will be available for download. We recommend users sync offline data on their devices before the May 23 cut-off. We are considering updating SEAiq support for ActiveCaptain but do not have definite plans yet.
Key Features and Benefits
Download a datasheet for SEAiq Pilot
SEAiq Pilot is the most powerful navigation software available, designed specifically for use by pilots. It is widely adopted in ports and pilotage areas around the world.
- Comprehensive navigation and piloting features: routes, tracks, VRM, EBL, clearing lines, mariners notes, etc.
- Support for all major platforms: Apple iPads/iPhones, Apple MacOS, Android, and Windows.
- Support for all pilot plug and PPU devices.
- Support all standard chart formats including S-63, S-57, iENC, and BSB/KAP.
- Automatic chart download/update for vector and raster charts from NOAA and US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Automatic chart download/update from Admiralty (UKHO), PRIMAR, and ChartWorld.
- NMEA and AIS: Support for WiFi pilot plugs and PPUs. Bluetooth plugs are supported on most platforms. Connect to both pilot plug and to shore-based AIS at the same time. Free AIS world-wide data feed.
- NMEA/AIS record and playback: Automatically record all vessel movements and playback later at normal or 10x speed
- Powerful true-scale vessel display: Predicted course, predicted vessel position, swept path, AIS vessel types, estimated squat and pivot point.
- Real-time status bar selects from 35 panels to display key information based on situation.
- Docking Aids: Show distance and speed to user selected fenders and single point moorings. Both graphical and textual displays.
- Pilot Logbook: Record events during pilotages. Automatically saves time, own-ship status, route, and nearby AIS targets. Add camera images and screenshots. Print logbook from iPad or archive via email and other methods.
- Collision Avoidance: graphical CPA, BCD, meeting points, trial ROT, trial SOG, alarms.
- Grounding Avoidance: depth contours, tidal adjustment, hi-res bathymetric ENCs.
- Route planning: ETAs, goal times, speed limits, passing restrictions.
- Mariners Tools with VRM, EBL, clearing lines, and mariners notes. Mariners notes have choice of over 50 symbols. Lines or polygons in user-selected colors and styles.
- Simple import of existing routes. Supported formats include GPX, RTU, RT3, RTZ, CSV, Nacos Platinum, and Sam Electronics.
- Additional features: weather, anchor alarm, free satellite imagery charts, etc.
- All documentation (both online and PDF) is available here
Read more about features here.